Fountain in front of the Walker Art Gallery
pictures, photos, facts and information on Fountain in front of the Walker Art Gallery (Liverpool)
There is a beautiful fountain placed between the Walker Art Gallery and Wellington column on William Brown Street. It was donated to Liverpool by Lieut. Col. R. F. Steble in 1877. The fountain itself was created by W. T. Allen and Co of Lambeth Hill. Four life-sized figures, two girls and two boys are sitting around the base of the fountain and there is a twin-tailed mermaid on the top. This ensemble is completed by grotesque heads on the bowl and base.