Hotel Carlton at night

pictures, photos, facts and information on Hotel Carlton at night (Bratislava)


Hotel Carlton at night ( 640x480 )
Camera Maker:Panasonic
Camera Model:DMC-FZ5
Shutter Speed:1/1.3 s
F-Number:f/6.3
ISO:ISO 80
Exposure Bias Value:0.0 eV
Focal Length:6 mm
Place this picture into your website!
View the picture in these resolutions: 640x480 | 800x600 | 1024x768 | 1280x960

Hotel Carlton at night on the Map

GPS N48.141274°,E17.108942°
Location

One of the most luxurious hotels in Bratislava may be found in the southern part of the Hviezdoslavovo square. Located opposite the national Opera and Philharmonic in the Bratislava downtown the hotel allows its residents to visit the surrounding embassies or cultural happenings simply by a few minutes walk. It also enables to use the underground parking garage.

Description

Walking down the square, one can admire the grand neo-classical facade and colonnade. The outer parging is beige. The hotel thanks for its architecture to the architect M. M. Harminc, who designed the reparations and reconstructions in 1925. Since then, the hotel had a general internal reconstruction in 2003. As the proprietor advertises “all 168 guestrooms are designed in either contemporary or traditional style with rich decor and warm colors”. The interior is decorated with diverse decorative marble-slabs and luxurious furniture. Together with its staff it should be able to please even the most demanding customers.

History

At the end of the 18th century, several lodging inns were built at the position of today's hotel. One of the most famous was the Green Tree Inn. In 1848 the Palugyay family leased the inn and I. Feigler Jr. rebuilt it. Feigler later built near the Hotel Savoy (known also as Hotel National). In 1908 and 1912 both hotels were bought by H. Pruger, who connected them by building a house in there middle. That is why we can find also the historical name The Three Green Trees. Hotel Carlton has a mention in historical cinematography, too. 15th December 1896 the first cinema in Bratislava took place in the fence hall of the old Carlton. Thus the first cinema of Bratislava was founded here, and was named The Electrobioscope. In 1911 the famous T.A. Addison visited the performing of the cinema. The Pruger's heirs had the hotel reconstructed in 1925, and architect of the reconstruction M.M. Harminc united the three buildings and added another three floors, thus creating the biggest hotel named Hotel Carlton. After The Second World War Carlton remained in a desolated state, until the 21st century, when it was finally renewed in 2003.

Booking information

Check availability and book a room in Hotel Carlton here
Search earthinpictures.com site